The Mark Levinson 534 dual-monaural amplifier features Pure Path circuit design for a high-current, low-feedback amplifier that delivers 250 watts per channel and operates in pure class A for most listening conditions, doubles down into 4 ohms, and remains stable into 2-ohm loads.
The pursuit of perfect amplification is a well-known theme in high-end audio. New technologies present new approaches, while looking to the past provides inspiration for the future. It was in that spirit that the Mark Levinson 534 amplifier was developed: a design advised by the traditions and art of classic Mark Levinson amplifier designs, and with a specific target sound: a deep, expansive soundstage, accurate image placement, extended low bass response with good pitch definition, and detailed high frequencies free from "etching." To that end, the Mark Levinson engineering team started with the following requirements:
- Pure Path discrete, direct coupled, fully balanced, dual-monaural signal path
- Fully differential class-AB architecture, operates in class A for most listening conditions
- 6000-series aluminum chassis, extremely high precision, exceedingly low tolerances
- Expansive, fine imaging, extended low frequency response/pitch, and natural high frequencies
- Rated for 250wpc into 8 ohms, 500wpc into 4 ohms, with 2-ohm stability
- System-integration connectivity: Ethernet, IP, RS-232, triggers, web monitoring and control
- Painstakingly optimized little negative feedback, bandwidth, slewing, and open-loop linearity
- Custom-designed, low noise toroid with separate secondary windings for each output stage
- Designed and handcrafted in the USA
||one pair Balanced, one pair single-ended
||four pairs of Hurricane loudspeaker outputs
banana-plug sockets per channel, except on 230 VAC version
||Ethernet, RS-232, Trigger In and Out, USB-A, Mini USB
|Rated Output Power
||250 wpc RMS @ 8 , 20Hz to 20kHz @
||10Hz to 20kHz 0.2dB
||>85dB, reference level: 2.83 V RMS
||60 k balanced; 30 k unbalanced
||2.83V RMS output at 142mV RMS input
||100V~, 120V~, 230V~, factory set for destination country, 1500W
||Height (with feet): 7.75" (19.7cm)
Height (without feet): 7" (17.8cm)
Width: 17.75" (45.1cm)
Depth: 20" (50.8cm)
||Net weight: 107 lbs (48.5kg)
Shipping weight: 124 lbs (56.3kg)
Professional delivery and installation is available for every product we sell. We would be happy to coordinate delivery and installation for you.
Extended warranties are usually very inexpensive and can save you thousands in the future.
It's simple and inexpensive to purchase extended warranties and one of the smartest ways to protect your investment.
can be large, heavy and expensive. You probably don't have the special tools or expertise needed to fix them in a crisis. If you can spare a few thousand dollars without batting an eyelash for new
should they break tomorrow, don't buy a warranty. But if you're like most of us, protect yourself by purchasing inexpensive extended warranties when you buy a new product and save yourself big money in the long run.