Separates-Quality Performance in a Gutsy, Feature-Rich AV Receiver. Experience the breathtaking power and multi-channel flexibility of Anthem's NEW Third Generation MRX Series of AV Receivers.
Anthem's award-winning Third Generation MRX Series of high-end multi-channel A/V receivers are known the world over for their excellent sound quality, efficient power handling, and the ease with which they integrate into an entertainment system. The MRX Series is packed with exclusive audio innovations like Anthem Room Correction (ARC) Technology and Advanced Load Monitoring (ALM) Technology, 4K Pass-Through with fast HDMI switching and more. MRX 720 Features & Functions 11.2 Pre-Amplifier & 7 Amplifier Channels
- Dolby Atmos®
- ARC Anthem Room Correction
- 4 Speaker Profile Memories
- Quad Core Digital Signal Processing
- Two Sub Out Jacks (parallel)
- Premium 32-bit / 768 kHz Differential-Output D/A Converters
- Wireless Network Connection
- DTS Play-Fi® - Local and Streaming
HDMI & Video
Additional Features & Functions
- HDMI 2.0a
- HDCP 2.2
- 4:4:4 Subsampling at 4K60 (18.2 Gbps)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- Dolby Vision Compatible
- Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
- BT.2020 Color Gamut
- On-Screen Display with 4K 50/60
- 4K 50/60 Switching
- Advanced Load Monitoring (ALM)
- FM Tuner
- Low Standby Mode power consumption
- Remote control app for iOS (Apple) and Android (coming soon!)
- Dolby TrueHD
- DTS-HD Master Audio
- AnthemLogic - (11.2 channels with MRX 1120 and 720, 5.2 channels with MRX 520)
- Dolby Surround
- Dolby Pro Logic II on MRX 520
- DTS Neo:6 - Cinema, Music
- All-Channels - All-Speaker Stereo
- 8 HDMI inputs (7 rear and 1 front-panel input on MRX 1120 and MRX 720, 7 rear inputs on MRX 520)
- Digital Audio Inputs: 2 Coaxial + 3 Optical
- 5 Stereo Analog RCA Inputs
- HDMI On-Screen Display - setup, video adjustments, status, song/artist info from radio stations
- MHL Supported Inputs
- xvYCC, Adobe RGB, Adobe YCC601, sYCC601, Deep color
- 2 Parallel Outputs
- Consumer Electronic Control (CEC)
- Audio Return Channel
- Standby Pass-through
- IP Control
- RS-232 Control
- IR Input (Configurable)
- 12V Trigger Output
- Control System Drivers
- Backlit Remote Control
- Sidemount Rack Kit (sold separately)
- 3 years (US/Canada)
Supports the latest connection options Powerful internal components Brushed anodized aluminum aesthetic New Color Coded Labeling
To ensure correct speaker hookups the first time, the MRX Gen 3 Series includes color coded loudspeaker terminals and new color coded labeling above speaker specific terminal pairs.
MRX 720 rear view shown Easy-to-read intuitive display Premium Binding Posts Wireless network antennas Anthem Room Correction (ARC ) The Easy-To-Use Anthem Room Correction Kit Delivers Professional Results In Any Room What is ARC"
Simply put, Anthem Room Correction quickly "corrects" the effects that reflective surfaces such as walls, floors and ceilings have on the sound radiating from a loudspeaker. Removing the effects of these obstacles allows your audio equipment to achieve a more natural sound in any room, as close to the lab standard as possible.
On a more complex level, ARC is a proprietary digital signal processing software that works with a specially-engineered calibration microphone and your PC to quickly and easily optimize audio for your unique listening space. Anthem engineers developed the ARC system while researching how to replicate the audio-lab standard of performance in non-lab environments. This groundbreaking research was conducted in conjunction with the National Research Council of Canada, the Canadian government's research and technology organization.
Anthem engineers realized that real world listening experiences had little in common with the controlled environment of the audio lab. That's because even the best loudspeakers are affected by room anomalies like furniture. These obstacles cause standing waves, resonances, and reflections that can color the sound you hear. Imagine the sound waves coming from your speakers as ripples on a water surface. That makes it easy for you to understand how the ripples of sound bounce off any obstruction they encounter. You can immediately see the benefit of removing the obstacles.
ARC digitally compares a room's acoustic signature to that of the lab standard. It measures the response of each speaker relative to the listening area. Then it uses advanced algorithms to eliminate the negative effects of the obstacles in the room, adjusting response and correcting phase effects. When ARC removes the obstacles, what's left is the lab standard performance. How does ARC work"
The ARC Kit is easy to use, and just a few simple steps can customize your loudspeakers for your unique listening space.
Each ARC-ready component comes with a complete ARC Kit, consisting of software and microphone calibration file from our website, a professional quality mic stand and high quality connectors. You will need a Windows-based laptop computer with a CD drive.
Plug the kit's custom Calibration Microphone into your computer and into your ARC-ready Anthem A/V receiver. Place the microphone at each of the listening positions in your room (a minimum of five, maximum of ten), and allow ARC to take a sound sample from each location.
The proprietary ARC software measures the difference between the speaker's ideal lab-standard response, and their real-world performance in your room. Then, its sophisticated DSP accurately equalizes response and creates intricate crossover curves so that the performance of the speakers in your room meets the ideal lab standard!
Now you're hearing exactly what our audio engineers intended you to hear: Pure, natural, transparent sound, no matter what challenges your room presents! Wi-Fi Music Streaming with DTS Play-Fi® Limitless music. App-controlled convenience. Wireless connectivity.
Everyone wants instant access to their digital audio library, anywhere in the home. And Anthem's MRX Series with DTS Play-Fi® technology is the perfect, high performance means of delivery. Anthem MRX Series can take full dynamic advantage of the better-than-CD-quality sound quality delivered by the DTS Play-Fi® streaming technology. Partnered With the Leader in Wi-Fi Streaming
Partnered with the leader in Wi-Fi streaming, DTS Play-Fi wi-fi streaming technology supports a host of high quality file formats. Controlled directly from your smart device or computer in any operating system, the "Open Ecosystem" of DTS Play-Fi technology makes it easy to stream music throughout your home, and to add more wireless streaming devices on the fly. Audio Formats Supported by DTS Play-Fi® All your music, at your fingertips.
The whole family can now access personal digital audio libraries from anywhere in your home with the touch of a screen. Take advantage of endless choices from online music streaming services*. Stream from any device, Android or iOS mobile or PC, with a wide range of connectivity options for today and tomorrow.
* Some of the music services listed below may not be available in your region. All logos are property of their respective owner(s). Bring Your Movies to Life with Immersive Sound Dolby Atmos® What is Dolby Atmos"
Dolby Atmos® is a revolutionary new audio technology that transports you into extraordinary entertainment experiences.
Fills your room with captivating sound
- Sound comes from all directions, including overhead, to fill the room with astonishing clarity, richness, detail, and depth.
- The specific sounds of people, music, and things move all around you in multidimensional space, so you feel like you are inside the action.
- Artists have amazing new capabilities to tell their stories, accent their games, or perform their music to achieve the greatest expressive impact.